Submissions Close: January 12, 2019
Winners & Official Selections announced by: April 15, 2019
Submissions accepted via Film Freeway only.
The First 10 Pages Script Competition recognizes feature screenplays and television scripts in all genres.
Why The First 10 Pages? A writer only has the first 10 pages (sometimes less) to grab an executive, producer, manager, agent, or talent and hook them into reading the entire screenplay.
Accepting feature film screenplays and TV scripts in all genres. Each submission entry requires:FIRST 10 PAGES OF SCREENPLAY or TELEPLAY
Submit the first 10 pages of your script only.LOGLINE
A brief description of your script’s story (up to 50 words).WRITER’S BIO
A Writer’s Bio may include background, resume, accolades, training, experience, as well as any upcoming projects.
WINNERS – SHOWCASE
Winning script(s) receive
- “Winner” Recognition Laurel
- Script listed on the “Film & Script Showcase” page of the website, with the logline, bio and link.
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS – SHOWCASE
All Official Selections receive
- An “Official Selection” laurel
- Script listed on the “Film & Script Showcase” page of the website
Entry Fees, Deadlines & Selection Announcements
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: September 29, 2018
$49 Early Deadline: October 12, 2018
$59 Regular Deadline: November 9, 2018
$69 Late Deadline: December 5, 2018
$79 Extended Deadline / Submissions Close: January 12, 2019
All deadlines 11:59 pm Pacific Time
WINNERS ANNOUNCED BY: April 15, 2019
Eligibility | Rules
- Entrant(s) must be 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must be in English.
- All entries must be submitted in PDF format. No exceptions.
- Submissions are accepted via Film Freeway only.
- Title Page: Include title, writer’s name, and title. Contact information is optional.
- Scripts must be in standard screenplay format. No exceptions.
- Both produced and unproduced scripts are eligible.
- Both represented and non-represented writers are eligible.
- Teams of writers are eligible.
- Scripts that have previously won a competition are eligible.
- Substitutions of corrected pages, revised material, or new drafts, require a new entry and payment.
- We DO NOT offer deadline extensions.
- We DO NOT offer fee waivers or discounts.
- WE DO NOT RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR FEE WAIVERS, OR DISCOUNTS, OR DEADLINE EXTENSIONS.
- We DO NOT offer individual feedback on script submissions.
- All submission payments are final. We do not provide refunds.
- By submitting a script you confirm that you own the rights to the material submitted.
- By submitting a script you confirm that you have read and agree to our eligibility and rules. Judges decisions are final.
- See the FAQs Page for additional information about submitting your script.