In this interview, Amy shares...
- The essentials elements of your PR toolbox
- What’s required for a successful film festival campaign
- The benefits of garnering media attention for a film in vertical markets
- Having an awards strategy action plan
- Raising awareness for the filmmaker, as well as the project and its subject matter
- The principles behind creating persuasive material
- A technique to ensure your film is remembered and enhance your publicity results
- When to hire a publicist and bring them onto your project
- How to select the best publicist for you and your film
Amy Grey founded Dish Communications in 1991 with the philosophy that relationships are at the heart of public relations. As a result she has not only been successful in developing a loyal clientele, but also has been the publicist of choice for the International Documentary Association (IDA), Television Critics Association (TCA) and the Los Angeles Film Critics Association (LAFCA).
Amy has chosen to build both her career and company around what she is passionate about: film, television, and music. She has overseen the PR campaigns for numerous award-winning films including the Academy Awards, Independent Spirit Awards, and Emmys, as well as festivals like Sundance, Toronto, and Tribeca.
Amy is proud to represent artists, directors, and producers, and give them the individualized campaigns that help further their careers. Connect with Amy on Facebook