Submissions Close: June 23, 2021
Winners & Official Selections announced by: September 15, 2021
Submissions accepted via Film Freeway only.
The Adapted Screenplay Competition recognizes feature screenplays, television scripts and short scripts that feature adapted stories.
Accepting feature film screenplays and TV scripts in all genres based on adapted material. Each submission entry requires:SCREENPLAY, TELEPLAY or SHORT
Feature screenplays must not exceed 135 pages. Television scripts must not exceed 75 pages. Short scripts must not exceed 25 pages.
A brief description of your script’s story (up to 50 words).WRITER’S BIO
A Writer’s Bio may include background, resume, accolades, training, experience, as well as any upcoming projects.
WINNERS – SHOWCASE
Winning scripts receive
- “Winner” Recognition Laurel
- Script listed on the “Ink & Cinema Showcase” page of the website, with logline and bio.
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS – SHOWCASE
Official Selections receive
- An “Official Selection” laurel
- Script listed on the “Ink & Cinema Showcase” page of the website
Entry Fees, Deadlines & Selection Announcements
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: February 3, 2021
$49 Early Deadline: March 19, 2021
$59 Regular Deadline: April 22, 2021
$69 Late Deadline: May 19, 2021
$79 Final Deadline: June 23, 2021
All deadlines 11:59 pm Pacific Time
WINNERS ANNOUNCED BY: September 15, 2021
Eligibility | Rules
- Entrant(s) must be 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must be in English.
- All entries must be submitted in PDF format. No exceptions.
- Submissions are accepted via Film Freeway only.
- Title Page: Include title, writer’s name, and title and author of source material. Contact information is optional.
- Scripts must be in standard screenplay format. No exceptions.
- Both produced and unproduced scripts are eligible.
- Both represented and non-represented writers are eligible.
- Teams of writers are eligible.
- Scripts that have previously won a competition are eligible.
- Substitutions of corrected pages, revised material, or new drafts, require a new entry and payment.
- We DO NOT offer deadline extensions.
- We DO NOT offer fee waivers or discounts.
- WE DO NOT RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR FEE WAIVERS, OR DISCOUNTS, OR DEADLINE EXTENSIONS.
- We DO NOT offer individual feedback on script submissions.
- All submission payments are final. We do not provide refunds.
- By submitting a script you confirm that you own the rights to the material submitted.
- By submitting a script you confirm that you have read and agree to our eligibility and rules. Judges decisions are final.
- See the FAQs Page for additional information about adapted screenplays.