For nonfiction writers, Get Published provides all the tools you need to navigate the publishing industry, hire a top literary agent, and become a published author.
You’ll learn how to:
* Establish your author platform
* Find a literary agent
* Select and attract an agent
* Develop an effective pitch package
* Craft a query letter
* Prepare a book proposal
* Protect yourself from scams
* Evaluate and understand agency contracts
* Work with your agent to land a book deal
Author Laura Cross is the founder of Rebel Seed Films, an independent film company, and Rebel Seed Publishing, a boutique publishing firm. She is a former professional ghostwriter and author strategist who helped clients establish their expertise by becoming published authors and leverage their knowledge for more profits and major media. Her author-clients appeared on Oprah, The Today Show, and CNN, were featured in People magazine, Entrepreneur, Publishers Weekly, and The New York Times book review section, and landed on Amazon's bestseller list.
"Get Published: How to Acquire a Literary Agent and Land a Book Deal is a well-organized and useful book that includes a wealth of practical information to support aspiring authors. Finding a literary agent is one of the major challenges on the path to publication and Laura Cross’s contribution to the subject will undoubtedly open the way for many writers to move forward with confidence."
- Julia McCutchen, author of The Writer's Journey: From Inspiration to Publication, Writers' Coach, Mentor & Professional Publishing Consultant